Friday, November 04, 2005

Bowling Techniques

SAFRA @ Mt Faber

Went bowling with my uncle, aunty, my sis & 2 cousins. Hmm.. haven been bowling for
months, ever since my enlistment into the National Service. Usually I would use 8 pound ball
*hahax because it is lighter* and my ball will go straight instead of into the "drain". however, when I 'bowled' my first ball, i was stopped by my uncle. He told me that my technique of releasing the ball was TOTALLY wrong. The way i release the ball was opposite to the normal way that bowlers release theirs.

My lesson on Bowling started. The way of holding the ball and swinging the ball was very important. When holding the ball and walking towards the lane, it is important to start aiming @ the arrows on the lane ( not the pins/ seeing the ball when release). The number of steps taken from the initial starting point to the point of release ( indicated by the number of dots ) is of some importance also. Normally, for right handers, our left leg would be out when we release the ball. Our right leg will be behind to support and give stability to the whole posture. Hmm.. for me, i took 3 steps before releasing the ball. It is also vital that when the ball leaves our hands, allow the ball to travel due to momentum of the swing and not the force from your hands.Hands (joints) must be kept locked. When we release the ball, it is important to keep our body low ( by kneeling down) so that the ball will slide along the lane and not dropped onto the lane.

58- 60- 70

That evening, me and BY went to Suntec * in hope of meeting Fish Leong*. She will be @ Suntec at 6pm. We reached there @ 7.15pm. Nothing. Disappointed, we went around city hall to take photos since BY brought his digicam. Hmm.. Singapore's night view is relatively nice *dismal compared to HK ones*. We walked all the way from suntec to esplanade to merlion park to raffles city MRT, before heading home :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home