Saturday, January 14, 2006

Rain Rain go away...n... Coastal Hook...n...Escalator

Saturday 140106 1300

This week had been a very wet week. Trust me when i say that it was very wet. Just imagine that the rain lasted for almost 20hours! This continued for the next few days. I was walking along this particular path to go to the bus-stop when i realised that the path is flooded ( to ankle level). It was raining cats and dogs at that time. I had to retreat my steps back to the shelter. By the time i got there, my jeans was half wet. I got to my final destination with 3/4 of my jeans wet!
Another incident happen during book in on Tuesday night. I met QY at Yio Chu Kang MRT and we walked to camp. While we were walking, the drizzle started to increase in intensity. To prevent ourselves from getting wet, i took out my umbrella ( QY did not bring his) which is half spoilt. This umbrella is actually only capable of sheltering 1 person. However, 2 of us were squeezing inside this pathetic spoilt umbrella when the rain "evolved" into a heavy downpour! Initially, both if us were slightly wet. But as we walked on, more and more parts of our body got wet. By the time we reached camp, 90% of our initial dry body was wet. I asked myself: what is the use of the umbrella? We then dried our clothes under the fan for 2 whole days before it got dry before we book out.
On Friday, we had Coastal Hook training. i was sick the day before and had endured my way throughout the exercise. If the weather was rainy ( with lightning i suppose) the training will be cut ( or sort of along that line). When we reach the destination, the warmth of the morning sun greeted us. We need to do Jettison drill ( taking out of rifle, SBO) within 4s. Then came the life jacket test. ( When i first got my life jacket, i was thinking of the demonstration done by the flight attendant on board the plane). We were supposed to inflate our life vest anbd immersed ourselves into the water to test its workability. This made our long-4 totally wet ( literally dripping water). Then came the capsize drill. I was cheated of my feelings! I jumped in the water with my helmet when the others did not. We then continued with our day exercise ( which took a very long time due to repetition of exercise). I felt sea-sick and almost vomitted. Initially i thought i was the only one feeling so but i realise that most of my friends also felt the same way ~ thanks to QY for his medicated oil ~ . We returned to the training shed to rest till night fall before embarking on out night exercise. We stayed at the training shed for 4 hours! I spent most of the time sleeping. Night exercise was carried out at 1900. I felt sea- sick again. my fever had came back and i popped in 2 more panadol. After the exercise, we packed up ~ thanks to MingHan for asking me to help in lighter duties though i did not ultimately took up the job ~ and prepared to head back to camp. By the time we reached camp, send our arms and change to CV attire, it was 2345. All of us ( especially my platoon ) rushed out of camp. Me and Minghan took a ride on KS's father car to Telok Blangah before sitting taxi home from there ~ thanks to KS ~.
I went to buy lunch today at Dawson Place. I was walking down the stationary escalator when it suddenly moved! It was scary as anyone who was not holding on to the handles or caught unaware will tumble down the escalator.
Next week is ATP. My weekend will be burned. Nevertheless, i am eagerly looking forward towards CNY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home