Sunday, March 15, 2009

NUS Open House 2009

Last year, I attended the NUS Open House as I have to help out at a booth Wenjian is in-charge of. I remember seeing Matthew attending to the potential students, as well as Dr Lim Han She. This year, I am the student helper for FASS Booth, representing the Department of Geography. I always wanted to do such things, probably because of my character – that I like to speak and talk a lot, especially these things. So when Prof Chang sent out the email asking for our help, I agreed almost without thinking.

Today’s crowd started streaming in around 11. It was quite tiring, having to stand for so long from (9am to 6pm). But it was really fun and meaningful. Most of the questions surrounding the open house were on ‘career prospects’ and ‘ must I do an equal mix of physical and human geog’. There were some super-enthusiastic students, who are not yet going to NUS but still came along to find out more. I chatted with some students and I realised that the putting of the 90th percentile results is a good thing as students can get to know (at least a reference) of the average grade to enter FASS.

The whole time with Dr Neo was very funny and fun. I realised that Dr Harvey Neo was my Hwa Chong senior. And the funny thing is that both of us are taught by Mr White, who is still at HC now. Then Dr Neo mentioned that Prof Yeoh was taught by him too. Haha. And he is from 92A15 (Humanities Class!). Prof Skelton took over at 2pm. It was very nice talking to Prof Skelton!

After the whole day, my legs are really feeling tired BUT everything is worth it.

3 Comments:

At 2:27 AM , Blogger jq said...

"Then Dr Neo mentioned that Prof Yeoh was taught by him too"
Should it be Prof Yeoh taught him too?
Oh i was at open house too, but on sat with the tkd team. Did a random mass display, showed off the pattern we did for our competition (lucky we didn't fall off the stage!) and destroyed planks. I was laughing to myself when you asked the guest lect about env sus at the open house-plank destruction is very sei but not very env friendly.

Jiaqi

 
At 2:54 PM , Blogger 光光世界 said...

haha i mean Mr White taught Prof Yeoh! Mr White is really there for soooooooooo loooooooooooooong!

 
At 5:06 PM , Blogger jq said...

Prof Yeoh is from hwa chong too? omg!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home