Sunday, December 30, 2007

Awaiting the New Year

Awaiting the New Year

2007 is reaching its finishing line. Ready to take over this never ending time relay is 2008, a year which will be coming real soon. 2007 has been a relatively busy year for me. It is also a challenging year where I faced obstacles that I have to solve myself.

Jan- Feb 07 was my free-est time. Nothing beats the carefree feeling of awaiting ORD, having cleared all the neccessary nitty-gritty details needed to 'graduate' from Army. This 2 years indeed made me realised a lot of things, made new buddies, learn many lessons and also times of wellness and turbulence.

CNY 2007 was much better than CNY 2006 or the very reason that I can style myself for this joyous occasion. Festive mood was apparent and I thoroughly enjoyed myself during this period.

21st Birthday was something memorable. Grams was admitted to the hospital during this period so my birthday party was cancelled. Who will have the mood at all to celebrate when someone dear is in the hospital. She was discharged soon after and it was truly a relief for everyone.

Working part-time for 5 months was a new experience. Knowing my new bunch of colleagues and gaining new insights into the working world was an eye-opener. It was tiring but definitely worth the effort!

Getting into Kent Ridge Hall was one best thing that happened. I immersed myself in Drama, something I really loved. Going through the orientation, I made a few buddies and great friends. Though the injury i sustained during the orientation still hurts. Life in hall was busy, tiring, hectic and cap-down-puller, but the fulfilment I got was immense. Being the cast, director, scriptwriter made me try on different roles and through all these, increase my passion for drama.

Geographical Society was FUN. Since all of us are geog-lovers, this common bond bring us together and we worked well with each other. just wanna say - ALL THE WAY!

Life in NUS was not as easy as I thought. It was more competitive but also more interesting. (If you all get what I mean)

Leading my CIP team to Cambodia with Wenjian is something truly unforgettable. Chun Kit came down with CP and this was a terrible shock for both of us. It was different since he was always part of the planning team. Every night, we will give briefing to our members, settle the financial stuff (it is bad for me). Would like to thanks WenJian for all his help during this trip. Christmas overseas was real cool. Praboo came down with a Santa Suit and we have a party on our last night.

Results was released on 26th. I was happy with my grades and will try to maintain this (or improve - though I dont think can :().

Awaiting 2008, Awaiting hope and a new journey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home