Thursday, November 24, 2005

I almost go crazy

First and foremost, i did not expect to go to medic course. Only 6 of my platoon mates are selected to go. However, it ended up with my whole platoon going for the course. Hahax..

During the first day, we had dry theory lessons. To me, i still think that it is interesting. @ least more interesting than signal course. The real thing came today.

Disaster. Total destruction. Intravenous Innoculation or I/V for short. For those who do not understand the term, it simply means putting a drip on a casualty/ patient. Wa Lao.. it is totally "cruel", although the ultimate purpose is to save the lives of others- a very wei-da thingy.

First, we need to prime the solution/ drip- i.e. to get rid of the bubbles. Next come the difficult part--- to inject the "needle-thingy" into the vein of the my buddy. Then insert the drip, secure it and thats that.

The 1st barrier, is to overcome the fear of injecting the needle into my buddy's ( Kheng) arm. how to "ren xin xia shou".. i mustered my courage, determined for one good I/V, and pierce it into the skin of Kheng. Ouch! I silently scream lo.. it was so hard to continue. The medic then carefully guided me through the whole thing. Thank god i PASSED on my 1st attempt. Next is my turn to be I/V-ed my Kheng. The pain was disgusting, almost unbearable. I knew that if i shout, Kheng will freak out. So i convereted my shouting into singing. About 8mins after, the whole process stopped. Kheng also passed on his 1st attempt. Thank god!

This is totally mental. I almost "beng-kui". I also saw many of my frens freaking out. My team mates Rong and Keat, as well as JX freaked out totally. Never in my 3 years of knowing JX did i saw him break down. I was appalled beyond anything. My good pal KS succeeded on his virgin attempt. Congrats!

I will NEVER forget this experience. Medic course is Xiong. I/V-ly xiong. Hahax...

P.s. Wei-ge-- u are VERY brave. Salute.
Kheng-- Happi Birthdae!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home